4 govt officials released hours after kidnap
Latehar/Ranchi: Four senior government
officials were kidnapped and later released by suspected
Maoists in Jharkhand’s Latehar district Saturday.
DGP control room sources said in Ranchi the four went
to Palahia under Manika police station area to supervise works
done under the NREGA when they were kidnapped by suspected
Naxalites but released hours after.
The four were Additional Collector Shravan Sai,
Executive Engineer S Bhengra, the officer in the dairy
department A K Sinha and an Assistant Engineer, whose name was
not immediately available.
A panchayat worker had first informed the office of
the Block Development officer about the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof