4 govt officials released hours after kidnap
Latehar/Ranchi: Four senior government
officials were kidnapped and later released by suspected
Maoists in Jharkhand’s Latehar district Saturday.
DGP control room sources said in Ranchi the four went
to Palahia under Manika police station area to supervise works
done under the NREGA when they were kidnapped by suspected
Naxalites but released hours after.
The four were Additional Collector Shravan Sai,
Executive Engineer S Bhengra, the officer in the dairy
department A K Sinha and an Assistant Engineer, whose name was
not immediately available.
A panchayat worker had first informed the office of
the Block Development officer about the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!