4 Maoists held for ambush on security personnel
Lohardaga: Four Maoists, including a
woman, have been arrested in Lohardaga district of Jharkhand
in connection with the Dhardhadia ambush that had killed 11
security personnel on May 3, the police said on Wednesday.
Suna Kharva, Bishnu Asur, Sudhua Asur and 20-year-old
Rehena Khatun were arrested yesterday from Chanduagarh village
under Sena police station area of the district, Superintendent
of Police A V Minz told reporters here.
"After interrogation they confessed involvement in the
incident. It was Suna who had called up the police that ten
Maoists had congregated at Dhardhadia and a series of
landmines were blasted no sooner had the team reached there,"
There had been about hundred Maoists and the Naxalites
took three weeks to plant landmines, he said.
On May 2 the Maoists had failed to trap the police as
the security forces did not respond to information about rebel
presence at Rorak village in the district, he said.
Rehena was a member of the Maoists’ firing squad and
wanted in a murder case, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling