4 Maoists held for ambush on security personnel
Lohardaga: Four Maoists, including a
woman, have been arrested in Lohardaga district of Jharkhand
in connection with the Dhardhadia ambush that had killed 11
security personnel on May 3, the police said on Wednesday.
Suna Kharva, Bishnu Asur, Sudhua Asur and 20-year-old
Rehena Khatun were arrested yesterday from Chanduagarh village
under Sena police station area of the district, Superintendent
of Police A V Minz told reporters here.
"After interrogation they confessed involvement in the
incident. It was Suna who had called up the police that ten
Maoists had congregated at Dhardhadia and a series of
landmines were blasted no sooner had the team reached there,"
There had been about hundred Maoists and the Naxalites
took three weeks to plant landmines, he said.
On May 2 the Maoists had failed to trap the police as
the security forces did not respond to information about rebel
presence at Rorak village in the district, he said.
Rehena was a member of the Maoists’ firing squad and
wanted in a murder case, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'