4 Maoists held for ambush on security personnel
Lohardaga: Four Maoists, including a
woman, have been arrested in Lohardaga district of Jharkhand
in connection with the Dhardhadia ambush that had killed 11
security personnel on May 3, the police said on Wednesday.
Suna Kharva, Bishnu Asur, Sudhua Asur and 20-year-old
Rehena Khatun were arrested yesterday from Chanduagarh village
under Sena police station area of the district, Superintendent
of Police A V Minz told reporters here.
"After interrogation they confessed involvement in the
incident. It was Suna who had called up the police that ten
Maoists had congregated at Dhardhadia and a series of
landmines were blasted no sooner had the team reached there,"
There had been about hundred Maoists and the Naxalites
took three weeks to plant landmines, he said.
On May 2 the Maoists had failed to trap the police as
the security forces did not respond to information about rebel
presence at Rorak village in the district, he said.
Rehena was a member of the Maoists’ firing squad and
wanted in a murder case, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list