4 Maoists held for ambush on security personnel
Lohardaga: Four Maoists, including a
woman, have been arrested in Lohardaga district of Jharkhand
in connection with the Dhardhadia ambush that had killed 11
security personnel on May 3, the police said on Wednesday.
Suna Kharva, Bishnu Asur, Sudhua Asur and 20-year-old
Rehena Khatun were arrested yesterday from Chanduagarh village
under Sena police station area of the district, Superintendent
of Police A V Minz told reporters here.
"After interrogation they confessed involvement in the
incident. It was Suna who had called up the police that ten
Maoists had congregated at Dhardhadia and a series of
landmines were blasted no sooner had the team reached there,"
There had been about hundred Maoists and the Naxalites
took three weeks to plant landmines, he said.
On May 2 the Maoists had failed to trap the police as
the security forces did not respond to information about rebel
presence at Rorak village in the district, he said.
Rehena was a member of the Maoists’ firing squad and
wanted in a murder case, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’