402 tribal villages to become model villages
Ranchi: Jharkhand Tribal Welfare Minister
Champai Soren on Wednesday said 10,000 tribal-dominated villages in
134 blocks were chosen for making them model villages.
"In the first phase, work in 402 villages - three each
from 134 tribal-dominated blocks - will begin very soon. The
expenditure for the full project is shared by Centre and state
government on 50:50 basis," Champai Soren, a JMM leader told
Facilities of education, electricity, irrigation,
healthcare, drinking water, road and other civic amenities
would be provided to these villages under the model village
plan, he said.
"Jharkhand was created with an aim to develop
tribespeople and the government is committed to it," he said.
The minister also said scholarship money was being
sent to tribal students so that they can continue their
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH