45 of Jharkhand`s 82 legislators declare assets
Ranchi: Of the 82 legislators in the Jharkhand assembly, only 45, including Chief Minister Arjun Munda, have declared their assets as asked for by Speaker CP Singh.
In the budget session earlier this year, Singh had asked all the legislators to declare their assets. Chief Minister Arjun Munda had announced that he and all the other ministers would declare their assets. No timeframe was set.
On Tuesday, the speaker released a list of 19 legislators who declared their assets.
He then set a deadline till Wednesday which prompted 20 more legislators, including the chief minister and three ministers, to declare their assets Wednesday. On Thursday, six more legislators did the same.
The defaulter legislators include two deputy chief ministers -- Sudesh Mahto and Hemant Soren.
"Some legislators have sought time till Dec 24 to declare their assets," a source in the assembly secretariat said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics