7 ultras arrested in Jharkhand; encounter with PLFI
Gumla/Khunti (Jharkhand): Seven ultras of the People`s Liberation Front of India (PLFI) were today arrested while the police exchanged gunfire with the ultras in separate incidents in Gumla and Khunti districts.
Uday Gop, Sukhnath Lohra, Sambhu Mahto, Sukhdeo Oraon and Sakaldeep Singh were arrested from Bhandra village under Gumla police station following a tip off, Superintendent of Police Bhimsen Tuti told reporters.
Three others, Suresh Sahu, Mangneswar and Pradip Singh, managed to escape, he said.
A DDBL gun, two country-made riffles, four country-made pistols, thirty cartridges, 39 mobile phones, 24 mobile sim and seven extra mobile batteries were recovered from a cave after they guided the police, he said.
"This is a big success for the police as the PLFI activists were involved in the extortion from contractors. They would have also influenced the polls," Tuti said.
In neighboring Khunti district, the police arrested two PLFI activists identified as Avon Guria and Sukhram Guria at Kalet village, Deputy Superintendent of Police (Headquarters) Ravindra said in Khunti.
A police team headed by Dy SP Anudeep Singh exchanged gunfire with a group of PLFI extremists near Gaurbbera village with the police firing 30 rounds and the ultras using about 35 bullets.
The encounter broke out during search operation, the police said, adding the ultras fled after half-an-hour of gun battle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- DNA : Today in History, 26th July, 2016
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- DCW chief booked for naming Dalit rape victim, says not scared
- Delhi: Raped by 30-yr-old man, 4-yr-old girl undergoes surgery
- Strong need of creating awareness on organ donation: Experts
- Narendra Modi's silence on Dalit assault devaluation of PM's post: Congress
- Financial weakness hindering domestic airlines' international expansion