7 ultras arrested in Jharkhand; encounter with PLFI
Gumla/Khunti (Jharkhand): Seven ultras of the People`s Liberation Front of India (PLFI) were today arrested while the police exchanged gunfire with the ultras in separate incidents in Gumla and Khunti districts.
Uday Gop, Sukhnath Lohra, Sambhu Mahto, Sukhdeo Oraon and Sakaldeep Singh were arrested from Bhandra village under Gumla police station following a tip off, Superintendent of Police Bhimsen Tuti told reporters.
Three others, Suresh Sahu, Mangneswar and Pradip Singh, managed to escape, he said.
A DDBL gun, two country-made riffles, four country-made pistols, thirty cartridges, 39 mobile phones, 24 mobile sim and seven extra mobile batteries were recovered from a cave after they guided the police, he said.
"This is a big success for the police as the PLFI activists were involved in the extortion from contractors. They would have also influenced the polls," Tuti said.
In neighboring Khunti district, the police arrested two PLFI activists identified as Avon Guria and Sukhram Guria at Kalet village, Deputy Superintendent of Police (Headquarters) Ravindra said in Khunti.
A police team headed by Dy SP Anudeep Singh exchanged gunfire with a group of PLFI extremists near Gaurbbera village with the police firing 30 rounds and the ultras using about 35 bullets.
The encounter broke out during search operation, the police said, adding the ultras fled after half-an-hour of gun battle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you