75% sitting MLAs lost Jharkhand polls
Ranchi: Around 75 per cent of sitting
Jharkhand legislators lost the assembly elections, while 25
per cent retained their seats.
Leading the pack of the sitting legislators who lost
was Assembly Speaker Alamgir Alam of the Congress who lost his
Two former deputy chief ministers Stephen Marandi of
the Congress and Sudhir Mahato of the JMM lost their Dumka and
Ichagarh seats respectively.
Jharkhand Pradesh Congress Committee (JPCC) president
Pradeep Kumar Balmuchu lost his traditional Ghatsila seat by
Former ministers Joba Majhi, Dinesh Kumar Sarangi,
Kamlesh Singh, Bhanu Pratap Sahi, Ranji Lal Sharda and former
union minister Rameshwar Oraon and heavyweights like BJP`s
Saryu Rai also lost.
Prominent legislators re-elected were Jharkhand BJP
unit president Raghubar Das from Jamshedpur East, AJSU
president and former state Home minister Sudesh Mahto from
Silli, former minister Enos Ekka from Kolebira and Harinarayan
Rai from Jarmundi.
Other MLAs re-elected were Nalin Soren (JMM)
Sikaripara, Bishnu Prasad Bhaiya (BJP) Jamtara, Pradeep Yadav
(BJP) Poreyahat, Annapurna Devi (RJD) Koderma, Chadra Prakash
Choudhary (AJSU) Ramgarh and Saurav Narayan Singh (Cong)
Vinod Kumar Singh, CPI(ML-Liberation) General
Secretary was re-elected from Bagodar, Jagarnath Mahto (JMM)
from Dumri, Kunti Devi (BJP) from Jharia, Mathura Prasad
Mahato (JMM) from Tundi, Champai Soren (JMM) from Seraikella
and Nilkanth Singh Munda (BJP) from Khunti.
Chandresh PD Singh (BJP) from Ranchi, Gopal SN Shahdeo
(Cong) from Hatia, Ram Chander Baitha (BJP) from Kanke and
Bidesh Singh (Independent) from Panki were re-elected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice