Absconding sons of policemen held in gang-rape case
Hazaribagh: The two absconding sons of policemen were arrested here on Saturday in connection with the alleged three-day gang-rape of a class XI student, police said.
"Dhanu Kumar, son of Deputy Superintendent of Police (CID) Arjun Ram, and Anurag Basu alias Anurag Paswan, son of constable cum driver Mahendra Paswan, posted in Bihar`s Rohtash district, were arrested in Hazaribagh town," Superintendent of Police Manoj Kaushik said.
In all, three of the four accused are sons of policemen posted at different places, he said.
Ritesh Kumar, son of Constable Umesh Sharma, posted with the India Reserved Battalion, and one Sonu Kumar were arrested on Thursday.
Hazaribagh Sadar Police station in-charge Dinesh Kumar Singh alleged that Arjun Ram had tried to put pressure on him to release his son Dhanu Kumar claiming the accused was under treatment in a nursing home during the last fortnight.
He said the duo was arrested near the new bus stand in the town when they were coming to Hazaribagh from Ranchi to surrender before the court of the judicial magistrate.
The four men were accused of kidnapping the girl on August 26 near her house in the town, took her by car to a bungalow on Kanhari Hill Road and raped her for three days.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India