Accord special status to Jharkhand: Munda
Ranchi: Insisting his request for a
special status for Jharkhand, Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Tuesday urged the Centre to send a team to study the situation.
"Let a central team assess the state`s backwardness,
hilly terrains, lack of development and other parameters
before according special status to Jharkhand," Munda told
Stating that he had raised the issue in the just
concluded National Development Council meeting, Munda said
"there is a need for an elaborate reform in the budgetary
allocations to different states."
Arguing for proportionate funding to all states, he
said allocation should be made after proper assessment of the
For the past one year Munda has been appealing to the
Centre to accord Jharkhand a special status which leads to
special financial package for the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Father arrested for sexually abusing 2 minor girls
- New global migration map may help fight malaria
- 7th CPC: Committee of Secretaries on Allowances to meet on September 1; invites employees' unions for talks
- Nationalism is BJP's identity, our sole aim is nation-building: PM Modi
- WATCH: PRODIGY! This 11-year-old from Odisha slum will now train at Bayern Munich