Accord special status to Jharkhand: Munda
Ranchi: Insisting his request for a
special status for Jharkhand, Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Tuesday urged the Centre to send a team to study the situation.
"Let a central team assess the state`s backwardness,
hilly terrains, lack of development and other parameters
before according special status to Jharkhand," Munda told
Stating that he had raised the issue in the just
concluded National Development Council meeting, Munda said
"there is a need for an elaborate reform in the budgetary
allocations to different states."
Arguing for proportionate funding to all states, he
said allocation should be made after proper assessment of the
For the past one year Munda has been appealing to the
Centre to accord Jharkhand a special status which leads to
special financial package for the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune