Accord special status to Jharkhand: Munda
Ranchi: Insisting his request for a
special status for Jharkhand, Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Tuesday urged the Centre to send a team to study the situation.
"Let a central team assess the state`s backwardness,
hilly terrains, lack of development and other parameters
before according special status to Jharkhand," Munda told
Stating that he had raised the issue in the just
concluded National Development Council meeting, Munda said
"there is a need for an elaborate reform in the budgetary
allocations to different states."
Arguing for proportionate funding to all states, he
said allocation should be made after proper assessment of the
For the past one year Munda has been appealing to the
Centre to accord Jharkhand a special status which leads to
special financial package for the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Kashmir unrest: 7-member committee to explore alternatives to pellet guns
- Govt must protect central bank's independence: Raghuram Rajan
- CAG picks holes in coal mines auction by NDA govt
- TCS, Infosys in Forbes 'Super 50' list; Tata Motors, HUL dropped
- Satpal Singh fumes at his name being dragged in doping controversy surrounding Narsingh Yadav