Accord special status to Jharkhand: Munda
Ranchi: Insisting his request for a
special status for Jharkhand, Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Tuesday urged the Centre to send a team to study the situation.
"Let a central team assess the state`s backwardness,
hilly terrains, lack of development and other parameters
before according special status to Jharkhand," Munda told
Stating that he had raised the issue in the just
concluded National Development Council meeting, Munda said
"there is a need for an elaborate reform in the budgetary
allocations to different states."
Arguing for proportionate funding to all states, he
said allocation should be made after proper assessment of the
For the past one year Munda has been appealing to the
Centre to accord Jharkhand a special status which leads to
special financial package for the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi