Accord special status to Jharkhand: Munda
Ranchi: Insisting his request for a
special status for Jharkhand, Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Tuesday urged the Centre to send a team to study the situation.
"Let a central team assess the state`s backwardness,
hilly terrains, lack of development and other parameters
before according special status to Jharkhand," Munda told
Stating that he had raised the issue in the just
concluded National Development Council meeting, Munda said
"there is a need for an elaborate reform in the budgetary
allocations to different states."
Arguing for proportionate funding to all states, he
said allocation should be made after proper assessment of the
For the past one year Munda has been appealing to the
Centre to accord Jharkhand a special status which leads to
special financial package for the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical