Accumulation of small issues responsible: Mahto
Ranchi: AJSU president Sudesh Mahto, who was a deputy chief minister in the just-resigned Arjun Munda cabinet, on Tuesday said accumulation of small issues among the allies blew up and grew out of hand to create the political crisis in Jharkhand and advocated fresh mandate.
"The coordination committee of the ruling NDA alliance was a non-starter and small issues could have been resolved had the meetings of the committee been held regularly," Mahto told a news agency here.
"Communication gap among the allies widened, resulting in what you see today," he said referring to the pulling out of support by coalition partner JMM earlier in the day and the cabinet recommending dissolution of the house.
JMM chief Shibu Soren was the chairman of the coordination committee.
Mahto said AJSU would prefer elections to any new formations. "Many political parties have been saying that Jharkhand required a new mandate. Now they should pitch for it."
Asked about the recurrence of the scenario since the creation of the state over 12 years ago, he said "Mandates had been fractured, yet we respected them and formed governments. Now the people should be allowed to decide once again through elections."
"If people say increasing the seats could solve the crisis in Jharkhand?s political scenario, then the Election Commission of India should consider this. Even our assembly has twice passed resolution to increase the seats from 81 to 150," he said.
Mahto said today morning`s cabinet meeting which recommended the dissolution of the house was attended by Chief Minister Arjun Munda, his party colleague Chandraprakash Choudhary, Janata Dal (U?s) Gopal Krishna Patar and three other BJP ministers, besides himself. All the five JMM ministers stayed away from the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan