Agencies probing land scam reports: Munda
Ranchi: Barring the one from Deogarh,
other reports of land scam in Jharkhand were `vague` but state
investigating agencies were still looking into them, Chief
Minister Arjun Munda told the state Assembly on Monday.
"As far as Deogarh (land scam) is concerned, the
government has referred the matter to the CBI," Munda said.
Replying to queries of different party MLAs during the
weekly "chief minister`s question hour", Munda, said reports
of land scam in other areas were in vague but the government was serious to investigate all such issues and
state probe agencies were watching them.
Munda also informed the house that the government
would take up a "special recruitment process" to clear backlog
appointments in reserved categories.
He said persons belonging to ST/SC/BC categories would
be appointed in their particular category unlike in the past
when posts were swapped to fill up vacancies.
To empower the three-tier panchayat raj and make it a
model system, Munda said funds for welfare schemes like Indira
Awas would be released to panchayats only after they list out
To a query from Annapurna Devi (RJD), Munda said he
had taken seriously her concerns about treasury funds being
allegedly transferred to private bank accounts.
On demand for a policy to provide security cover to
RTI and other social activists, the chief minister asked
activists apprehending danger to their lives to approach the
administration and said the government was committed to
provide security to every citizen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack