Agri Dept to take farmers` suggestions before budget: Minister
Gumla: Farmers would be
consulted about their requirements before planning budget for
the agriculture department, Jharkhand Agriculture Minister
Mathura Prasad Mahato said here on Sunday.
"We have invited ten farmers from each of the 24
districts on February 7 to know their agriculture needs, so
that we can plan agriculture budget accordingly," Mahato said
at the `Mega Loan Fair` organised by the Bank of India (BOI).
"The meeting will be attended by chief secretary and
secretaries of finance and agriculture departments. The
farmers can openly place their suggestions," he added.
Distributing Rs 10 crore bank loans among 1,000
beneficiaries, the minister said, "Earlier it was the
officials who use to draw budget according to their plans, but
now farmers` will get opportunity to place their
Calling upon the banks and NABARD to make the farmers
aware of loan benefits, he urged them to help the farmers find
market for their produce.
The BOI`s Chief General Manager, M Narendra, laid the
foundation stone for a building for Krishak Sikhsa Bhavan
where the farmers would be trained how to utilise farm loans
judicially and return the loans to banks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal