Agri Dept to take farmers` suggestions before budget: Minister
Gumla: Farmers would be
consulted about their requirements before planning budget for
the agriculture department, Jharkhand Agriculture Minister
Mathura Prasad Mahato said here on Sunday.
"We have invited ten farmers from each of the 24
districts on February 7 to know their agriculture needs, so
that we can plan agriculture budget accordingly," Mahato said
at the `Mega Loan Fair` organised by the Bank of India (BOI).
"The meeting will be attended by chief secretary and
secretaries of finance and agriculture departments. The
farmers can openly place their suggestions," he added.
Distributing Rs 10 crore bank loans among 1,000
beneficiaries, the minister said, "Earlier it was the
officials who use to draw budget according to their plans, but
now farmers` will get opportunity to place their
Calling upon the banks and NABARD to make the farmers
aware of loan benefits, he urged them to help the farmers find
market for their produce.
The BOI`s Chief General Manager, M Narendra, laid the
foundation stone for a building for Krishak Sikhsa Bhavan
where the farmers would be trained how to utilise farm loans
judicially and return the loans to banks.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why