AJSU announces first list of candidates
Ranchi: AJSU rpt AJSU has announced its
first list of 18 candidates for the ensuing Jharkhand assembly
elections, beginning on November 25.
AJSU president Sudesh Mahato, a former home minister and
Chandraprakash Choudhary are among those whose names figure in
the list announced yesterday, party sources said today.
Mahato and Choudhary will fight to retain Silli and
Ramgarh assembly seats respectively, a party release said.
"We are not going for any alliance. We will contest all
the 81 seats and further lists will be announced shortly,"
Mahato told newsmen here.
"AJSU, however, is open to post-poll alliance on its own
terms and conditions in the interest of the state," he added.
Mahato had been a minister from 2000 to 2006 in the
BJP-led NDA governments under Babulal Marandi and Arjun Munda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog