AJSU announces first list of candidates
Ranchi: AJSU rpt AJSU has announced its
first list of 18 candidates for the ensuing Jharkhand assembly
elections, beginning on November 25.
AJSU president Sudesh Mahato, a former home minister and
Chandraprakash Choudhary are among those whose names figure in
the list announced yesterday, party sources said today.
Mahato and Choudhary will fight to retain Silli and
Ramgarh assembly seats respectively, a party release said.
"We are not going for any alliance. We will contest all
the 81 seats and further lists will be announced shortly,"
Mahato told newsmen here.
"AJSU, however, is open to post-poll alliance on its own
terms and conditions in the interest of the state," he added.
Mahato had been a minister from 2000 to 2006 in the
BJP-led NDA governments under Babulal Marandi and Arjun Munda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi