AJSU announces first list of candidates
Ranchi: AJSU rpt AJSU has announced its
first list of 18 candidates for the ensuing Jharkhand assembly
elections, beginning on November 25.
AJSU president Sudesh Mahato, a former home minister and
Chandraprakash Choudhary are among those whose names figure in
the list announced yesterday, party sources said today.
Mahato and Choudhary will fight to retain Silli and
Ramgarh assembly seats respectively, a party release said.
"We are not going for any alliance. We will contest all
the 81 seats and further lists will be announced shortly,"
Mahato told newsmen here.
"AJSU, however, is open to post-poll alliance on its own
terms and conditions in the interest of the state," he added.
Mahato had been a minister from 2000 to 2006 in the
BJP-led NDA governments under Babulal Marandi and Arjun Munda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming