AJSU district head, his driver lynched
Deogarh: Two persons, including the AJSU party`s Deogarh district president Mukesh Kumar Singh, were today lynched by a group of villagers in Deogarh district`s Rohini village after an altercation broke out between them, the police said here.
Singh was going to the pilgrim town of Deoghar when the villagers stopped their car in the wee hours, sub-divisional police officer Animesh Nathani told reporters here.
After an alleged altercation, Singh and his driver were lynched, he said.
Singh was also the head of Katghadi panchayat, he said, adding no arrest was made as yet.
According to some people in the village, a group of villagers have been guarding their village during nights for quite some time after alleged burglary attempts in the village.
Singh`s car was stopped by the guarding villagers to find out their identity when the altercation took place.
The SDPO, however, said the motive behind the killing could be ascertained only after investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof