AJSU Party demands early election in Jharkhand
Ranchi: AJSU party chief Sudesh Mahto on Wednesday demanded election in Jharkhand, which is currently under President`s rule, saying there is hardly any possibility of formation of government in the state.
"The Assembly should be dissolved to pave way for early elections in the state for a popular government," Mahto told reporters here.
"The time has already passed for any democratic process now," he said, referring to no formation coming forward to form a government though six weeks have been passed since imposition of Central rule on January 18.
The state came under President`s rule for the third time since its formation in November 2000 after JMM withdrew support to BJP-led government on January 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof