AJSU Party demands early election in Jharkhand
Ranchi: AJSU party chief Sudesh Mahto on Wednesday demanded election in Jharkhand, which is currently under President`s rule, saying there is hardly any possibility of formation of government in the state.
"The Assembly should be dissolved to pave way for early elections in the state for a popular government," Mahto told reporters here.
"The time has already passed for any democratic process now," he said, referring to no formation coming forward to form a government though six weeks have been passed since imposition of Central rule on January 18.
The state came under President`s rule for the third time since its formation in November 2000 after JMM withdrew support to BJP-led government on January 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 with 6GB RAM, 128GB storage likely to be launched today
- Subramanian Swamy's piece of advice to Rahul Gandhi - Quit politics to save Congress future
- Strong Indo-US ties to strengthen both economies: White House
- First look of Emraan Hashmi's maiden home production 'Captain Nawab' out! - Pic inside
- Despite public outcry over images of man carrying dead wife, Odisha gives clean chit to hospital