AJSU Party demands early election in Jharkhand
Ranchi: AJSU party chief Sudesh Mahto on Wednesday demanded election in Jharkhand, which is currently under President`s rule, saying there is hardly any possibility of formation of government in the state.
"The Assembly should be dissolved to pave way for early elections in the state for a popular government," Mahto told reporters here.
"The time has already passed for any democratic process now," he said, referring to no formation coming forward to form a government though six weeks have been passed since imposition of Central rule on January 18.
The state came under President`s rule for the third time since its formation in November 2000 after JMM withdrew support to BJP-led government on January 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list