AJSU Party gets recognition as state-level party
Ranchi: The Election Commission has
recognised the AJSU Party as a state-level party, a senior
party leader said here on Monday.
"We have received a letter from the EC to this
effect, saying the Ajsu Party has fulfilled the criteria for
recognition as a state-level party," party vice-president
Praveen Prabhakar told reporters quoting the letter.
The AJSU Party began its journey as a student body
known as All Jharkhand Students Union in the then undivided
Bihar which fought for a separate Jharkhand state.
It has five MLAs in the current house with three
of them, including its President Sudesh Mahto, in the Shibu
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city