AJSU to field candidate for Jamshepur LS bypoll
Jamshedpur: After the JMM and the BJP, both partners in the Arjun Munda government in Jharkhand a third ally, AJSU will also contest the July one byelection to the Jamshedpur Lok Sabha seat.
The decision by the AJSU was taken at a meeting here yesterday, according to party supremo and Deputy Chief Minister Sudesh Mahto.
Party leaders will deliberate on the choice of candidate and announce the name, Mahto said.
Asked whether fielding of candidates by all coalition partners would not impact poll prospects, he said, the partners had decided at a meeting to contest the byelection.
The BJP has fielded its state president Dineshanand Goswami and the JMM former deputy chief minister Sudhir Mahto.
The Jamshedpur Lok Sabha seat was vacated by Chief Minister Arjun Munda after he won the Kharsawan Assembly bypoll.
Meanwhile, Suman Mahto, Jharkhand unit president of JMM (Women Cell) and widow of slain JMM MP Sunil Mahto will contest the bypoll on a Trinamool Congress ticket.
Mahto, who was in Kolkata for talks with the Trinamool Congress leadership yesterday, said that she would resign from the JMM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!