AJSU to field candidate for Jamshepur LS bypoll
Jamshedpur: After the JMM and the BJP, both partners in the Arjun Munda government in Jharkhand a third ally, AJSU will also contest the July one byelection to the Jamshedpur Lok Sabha seat.
The decision by the AJSU was taken at a meeting here yesterday, according to party supremo and Deputy Chief Minister Sudesh Mahto.
Party leaders will deliberate on the choice of candidate and announce the name, Mahto said.
Asked whether fielding of candidates by all coalition partners would not impact poll prospects, he said, the partners had decided at a meeting to contest the byelection.
The BJP has fielded its state president Dineshanand Goswami and the JMM former deputy chief minister Sudhir Mahto.
The Jamshedpur Lok Sabha seat was vacated by Chief Minister Arjun Munda after he won the Kharsawan Assembly bypoll.
Meanwhile, Suman Mahto, Jharkhand unit president of JMM (Women Cell) and widow of slain JMM MP Sunil Mahto will contest the bypoll on a Trinamool Congress ticket.
Mahto, who was in Kolkata for talks with the Trinamool Congress leadership yesterday, said that she would resign from the JMM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why