AJSU to field candidate for Jamshepur LS bypoll
Jamshedpur: After the JMM and the BJP, both partners in the Arjun Munda government in Jharkhand a third ally, AJSU will also contest the July one byelection to the Jamshedpur Lok Sabha seat.
The decision by the AJSU was taken at a meeting here yesterday, according to party supremo and Deputy Chief Minister Sudesh Mahto.
Party leaders will deliberate on the choice of candidate and announce the name, Mahto said.
Asked whether fielding of candidates by all coalition partners would not impact poll prospects, he said, the partners had decided at a meeting to contest the byelection.
The BJP has fielded its state president Dineshanand Goswami and the JMM former deputy chief minister Sudhir Mahto.
The Jamshedpur Lok Sabha seat was vacated by Chief Minister Arjun Munda after he won the Kharsawan Assembly bypoll.
Meanwhile, Suman Mahto, Jharkhand unit president of JMM (Women Cell) and widow of slain JMM MP Sunil Mahto will contest the bypoll on a Trinamool Congress ticket.
Mahto, who was in Kolkata for talks with the Trinamool Congress leadership yesterday, said that she would resign from the JMM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn