AJSU to field candidate for Jamshepur LS bypoll
Jamshedpur: After the JMM and the BJP, both partners in the Arjun Munda government in Jharkhand a third ally, AJSU will also contest the July one byelection to the Jamshedpur Lok Sabha seat.
The decision by the AJSU was taken at a meeting here yesterday, according to party supremo and Deputy Chief Minister Sudesh Mahto.
Party leaders will deliberate on the choice of candidate and announce the name, Mahto said.
Asked whether fielding of candidates by all coalition partners would not impact poll prospects, he said, the partners had decided at a meeting to contest the byelection.
The BJP has fielded its state president Dineshanand Goswami and the JMM former deputy chief minister Sudhir Mahto.
The Jamshedpur Lok Sabha seat was vacated by Chief Minister Arjun Munda after he won the Kharsawan Assembly bypoll.
Meanwhile, Suman Mahto, Jharkhand unit president of JMM (Women Cell) and widow of slain JMM MP Sunil Mahto will contest the bypoll on a Trinamool Congress ticket.
Mahto, who was in Kolkata for talks with the Trinamool Congress leadership yesterday, said that she would resign from the JMM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi