AJSU to support combination providing stable govt
Ranchi: All Jharkhand Student Union (AJSU)
President Sudesh Mahto on Thursday said he would support a stable
and strong alliance in Jharkhand, which received a fractured
verdict in the assembly elections.
"I will support a combination which can give a stable and
progressive government to the state," Mahto, a former Home
Minister, told reporters here.
Mahto refused comment when asked whether any party or
alliance had approached him.
Mahato, who was minister in three NDA governments led by
Babulal Marandi and Arjun Munda between November 15, 2000 and
September 2006, increased his party`s tally from two to five
in this election.
He was the Home Minister in the Munda-led NDA government
after the 2005 elections. He did not join any government after
the fall of the Munda government in September 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say