AJSU to support combination providing stable govt
Ranchi: All Jharkhand Student Union (AJSU)
President Sudesh Mahto on Thursday said he would support a stable
and strong alliance in Jharkhand, which received a fractured
verdict in the assembly elections.
"I will support a combination which can give a stable and
progressive government to the state," Mahto, a former Home
Minister, told reporters here.
Mahto refused comment when asked whether any party or
alliance had approached him.
Mahato, who was minister in three NDA governments led by
Babulal Marandi and Arjun Munda between November 15, 2000 and
September 2006, increased his party`s tally from two to five
in this election.
He was the Home Minister in the Munda-led NDA government
after the 2005 elections. He did not join any government after
the fall of the Munda government in September 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar