AJSU to support combination providing stable govt
Ranchi: All Jharkhand Student Union (AJSU)
President Sudesh Mahto on Thursday said he would support a stable
and strong alliance in Jharkhand, which received a fractured
verdict in the assembly elections.
"I will support a combination which can give a stable and
progressive government to the state," Mahto, a former Home
Minister, told reporters here.
Mahto refused comment when asked whether any party or
alliance had approached him.
Mahato, who was minister in three NDA governments led by
Babulal Marandi and Arjun Munda between November 15, 2000 and
September 2006, increased his party`s tally from two to five
in this election.
He was the Home Minister in the Munda-led NDA government
after the 2005 elections. He did not join any government after
the fall of the Munda government in September 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands