Allies vow to focus on development of Jharkhand
Ranchi: Congress and RJD, the two major constituents of JMM-led coalition government, on Saturday said development of Jharkhand would be their priority.
"We will put all our efforts in the development of the state," state minister Rajendra Prasad Singh said soon after taking oath at Raj Bhavan.
Singh, a Congress leader, said the new coalition would act as "helpers" to the people of Jharkhand.
RJD`s Annapurna Devi, who also took oath as minister today, said the alliance would address basic needs of the people like road, electricity, drinking water and irrigation.
Only two ministers took oath along with Chief Minister Hemant Soren and the expansion of the ministry was likely to take place after the floor test.
JMM chief and former chief minister Shibu Soren, his wife Roopi, and a host of MLAs as well as leaders of different parties were present during the swearing-in ceremony here.
RJD General Secretary Ram Kripal Yadav was also among the invitees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack