Allies vow to focus on development of Jharkhand
Ranchi: Congress and RJD, the two major constituents of JMM-led coalition government, on Saturday said development of Jharkhand would be their priority.
"We will put all our efforts in the development of the state," state minister Rajendra Prasad Singh said soon after taking oath at Raj Bhavan.
Singh, a Congress leader, said the new coalition would act as "helpers" to the people of Jharkhand.
RJD`s Annapurna Devi, who also took oath as minister today, said the alliance would address basic needs of the people like road, electricity, drinking water and irrigation.
Only two ministers took oath along with Chief Minister Hemant Soren and the expansion of the ministry was likely to take place after the floor test.
JMM chief and former chief minister Shibu Soren, his wife Roopi, and a host of MLAs as well as leaders of different parties were present during the swearing-in ceremony here.
RJD General Secretary Ram Kripal Yadav was also among the invitees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Bihar polls: Alert sounded ahead of PM Modi's rallies in Bihar
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook