Allies vow to focus on development of Jharkhand
Ranchi: Congress and RJD, the two major constituents of JMM-led coalition government, on Saturday said development of Jharkhand would be their priority.
"We will put all our efforts in the development of the state," state minister Rajendra Prasad Singh said soon after taking oath at Raj Bhavan.
Singh, a Congress leader, said the new coalition would act as "helpers" to the people of Jharkhand.
RJD`s Annapurna Devi, who also took oath as minister today, said the alliance would address basic needs of the people like road, electricity, drinking water and irrigation.
Only two ministers took oath along with Chief Minister Hemant Soren and the expansion of the ministry was likely to take place after the floor test.
JMM chief and former chief minister Shibu Soren, his wife Roopi, and a host of MLAs as well as leaders of different parties were present during the swearing-in ceremony here.
RJD General Secretary Ram Kripal Yadav was also among the invitees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Watch: Mars makes its closest approach to Earth in 11 years today!
- 27 flights diverted as bad weather triggers chaos in Delhi Airport
- CHSE Odisha 12th (+2) Arts and Commerce Result 2016 is expected to be declared today on 30th May - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Wow! Indian professionals 'most confident' globally, says a survey
- Here's what Jacqueline Fernandez feels about Salman Khan-Iulia Vantur marriage! Details inside