Ammonium nitrate seized in Jharkhand
Pakur (Jharkhand): A total of 150 kg of ammonium nitrate, brought from West Bengal, were on Wednesday seized at Chengadenga village in Pakur district, police said.
On a tip-off that the explosives sealed in 13 sacks were being transported by a tractor to Pakur from Rajgram in Birbhum district, police intercepted the vehicle and seized the explosives.
The driver and the helper escaped.
This was the tenth seizure of the such explosive this year, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Delhi horror: Pedophile held for sexually assaulting 600 girls
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre