Annagiri: Flowers to babus to weed out corruption
Dhanbad: Call it Annagiri or Gandhigiri.
Government officials in the coal town of Jharkhand are being
offered roses and white caps by activists of Anna Hazare-led
India Against Corruption with a request to help weed out
"Gandhi caps superscribed with ‘I am Anna’ and bunch of
roses are being handed over to each officer with a request to
help in remove the vice of corruption in his own way in the
interest of the common man," IAC district coordinator Vijay
He said IAC Dhanbad unit members are making rounds of
various departments - commercial tax including Joint
commissioner and deputy commissioner of sales tax, district
Transport office, offices of assistant registrar, BDO and CO
(circle officer) almost every day.
"Call it Gandhigiri or Annagiri. We believe in this
method. In our memorandum to officers we also call for putting
up the maximum time in office in addition to stipulated hours
for completion of any pending work.
"We call for full implementation of the `Right to Service
Act` passed by the Jharkhand Assembly recently," the social
IAC activist Shashi Nath Tiwari said most government
officials promised to bring in transparency in office work.
"We welcome their gesture, we appreciate their move.
not bad if the government officials sit up and take notice
about their responsibility. I find nothing repulsive in being
politely offered flowers and Anna Topi," said a senior
official of Income tax department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi