Another ex-minister of erstwhile Koda Cabinet gets bail
Ranchi: JMM MLA and former minister Nalin Soren, charged with irregularities in purchase of seeds, Tuesday received bail from the Jharkhand High Court.
The bench of Justice H C Mishra granted bail to Soren, who was in judicial custody after surrendering to a special vigilance court on July 18 this year.
Soren held the agriculture portfolio during the Madhu Koda regime.
He was the fifth minister in the erstwhile Madhu Koda Cabinet to receive bail.
Another former agriculture minister and BJP leader Satyanand Bhokta is now in judicial custody after he was arrested by the Vigilance Bureau on October 17 in the same case.
Besides Koda who received bail on July 30, his former Cabinet colleagues who also received bail were Kamlesh Singh, Enos Ekka, Harinarain Rai and Bhanu Pratap Sahi, all accused in different scams.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Actor-politician Ramya says 'Pakistan not hell', faces sedition charge
- After NEET, govt works on National Authority for Testing for engineering admissions
- SHOCKING! Hyderabad woman arrested for carrying 2 Kg gold in her underwear at Delhi airport
- Thailand military court opens trial in Bangkok shrine blast
- How to overcome your jetlag?