Another ex-minister of erstwhile Koda Cabinet gets bail
Ranchi: JMM MLA and former minister Nalin Soren, charged with irregularities in purchase of seeds, Tuesday received bail from the Jharkhand High Court.
The bench of Justice H C Mishra granted bail to Soren, who was in judicial custody after surrendering to a special vigilance court on July 18 this year.
Soren held the agriculture portfolio during the Madhu Koda regime.
He was the fifth minister in the erstwhile Madhu Koda Cabinet to receive bail.
Another former agriculture minister and BJP leader Satyanand Bhokta is now in judicial custody after he was arrested by the Vigilance Bureau on October 17 in the same case.
Besides Koda who received bail on July 30, his former Cabinet colleagues who also received bail were Kamlesh Singh, Enos Ekka, Harinarain Rai and Bhanu Pratap Sahi, all accused in different scams.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai