Another ex-minister of erstwhile Koda Cabinet gets bail
Ranchi: JMM MLA and former minister Nalin Soren, charged with irregularities in purchase of seeds, Tuesday received bail from the Jharkhand High Court.
The bench of Justice H C Mishra granted bail to Soren, who was in judicial custody after surrendering to a special vigilance court on July 18 this year.
Soren held the agriculture portfolio during the Madhu Koda regime.
He was the fifth minister in the erstwhile Madhu Koda Cabinet to receive bail.
Another former agriculture minister and BJP leader Satyanand Bhokta is now in judicial custody after he was arrested by the Vigilance Bureau on October 17 in the same case.
Besides Koda who received bail on July 30, his former Cabinet colleagues who also received bail were Kamlesh Singh, Enos Ekka, Harinarain Rai and Bhanu Pratap Sahi, all accused in different scams.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray