Anti-eveteasing, anti-extortion cells in Jharkhand district
Jamshedpur: The East Singhbhum district
police of Jharkhand has set up two cells exclusively to serve
people, who are not willing to come to the police station to
lodge a written complaint after receiving calls for eveteasing
Any one being eveteased over phones or receiving
threat calls for extortion can lodge complaint to the cells on
numbers 94727-87600 and 0-94727-87700 respectively,
Superintendent of Police Navin Kumar Singh said.
Starting from tonight, the cells would be functional
round the clock, Singh told a press conference.
The information provided by a complainant to the cells
would be kept confidential, he said.
Two women officers and two constables were deputed for
the anti-eveteasing cell and four officers for the
anti-extortion cell, he said adding they would be supported by
Besides, he said, the district police has also started
taking action against sim card sellers issuing sim cards
without verifying the identity of the buyer.
As an instance, he said, three persons including a
woman and a sim card seller from Harharguttu under Jugsalai
police station were arrested today. They were arrested after
an extortion call was made to a businessman from a mobile
phone, the connection of which was given against a dead
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM