Anti-Naxal operations continues in Jharkhand: police
Ranchi: A senior police official on Thursday
dismissed as false, some media reports which said the
anti-Naxal operations in Jharkhand have been stopped.
"Ongoing operations in various Naxal-infested districts
are going on. They have not been stopped as reported by a
section of media," Inspector General of Police, V D Deshmukh,
told PTI here.
"Preparations are also underway for special operations in
the naxal-affected districts," Deshmukh added.
A section of media allegedly reported that anti-naxal
operation in Jharkhand had been stopped in the backdrop of
Union Home Minister P Chidambaram reportedly convening a
meeting of three states--Chhatisgarh, Orissa and Maharashtra
Jharkhand, which shares borders with Orissa, Chhatisgarh,
West Bengal, Bihar and Uttar Pradesh, has Maoist presence in
20 of its 24 districts.
Soon after JMM President Shibu Soren took over as Chief
Minister he offered talks with the Naxals, who were still to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3