Anti-Naxal operations continues in Jharkhand: police
Ranchi: A senior police official on Thursday
dismissed as false, some media reports which said the
anti-Naxal operations in Jharkhand have been stopped.
"Ongoing operations in various Naxal-infested districts
are going on. They have not been stopped as reported by a
section of media," Inspector General of Police, V D Deshmukh,
told PTI here.
"Preparations are also underway for special operations in
the naxal-affected districts," Deshmukh added.
A section of media allegedly reported that anti-naxal
operation in Jharkhand had been stopped in the backdrop of
Union Home Minister P Chidambaram reportedly convening a
meeting of three states--Chhatisgarh, Orissa and Maharashtra
Jharkhand, which shares borders with Orissa, Chhatisgarh,
West Bengal, Bihar and Uttar Pradesh, has Maoist presence in
20 of its 24 districts.
Soon after JMM President Shibu Soren took over as Chief
Minister he offered talks with the Naxals, who were still to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics