Anti-Naxal operations continues in Jharkhand: police
Ranchi: A senior police official on Thursday
dismissed as false, some media reports which said the
anti-Naxal operations in Jharkhand have been stopped.
"Ongoing operations in various Naxal-infested districts
are going on. They have not been stopped as reported by a
section of media," Inspector General of Police, V D Deshmukh,
told PTI here.
"Preparations are also underway for special operations in
the naxal-affected districts," Deshmukh added.
A section of media allegedly reported that anti-naxal
operation in Jharkhand had been stopped in the backdrop of
Union Home Minister P Chidambaram reportedly convening a
meeting of three states--Chhatisgarh, Orissa and Maharashtra
Jharkhand, which shares borders with Orissa, Chhatisgarh,
West Bengal, Bihar and Uttar Pradesh, has Maoist presence in
20 of its 24 districts.
Soon after JMM President Shibu Soren took over as Chief
Minister he offered talks with the Naxals, who were still to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why