Anti-Naxal operations continues in Jharkhand: police
Ranchi: A senior police official on Thursday
dismissed as false, some media reports which said the
anti-Naxal operations in Jharkhand have been stopped.
"Ongoing operations in various Naxal-infested districts
are going on. They have not been stopped as reported by a
section of media," Inspector General of Police, V D Deshmukh,
told PTI here.
"Preparations are also underway for special operations in
the naxal-affected districts," Deshmukh added.
A section of media allegedly reported that anti-naxal
operation in Jharkhand had been stopped in the backdrop of
Union Home Minister P Chidambaram reportedly convening a
meeting of three states--Chhatisgarh, Orissa and Maharashtra
Jharkhand, which shares borders with Orissa, Chhatisgarh,
West Bengal, Bihar and Uttar Pradesh, has Maoist presence in
20 of its 24 districts.
Soon after JMM President Shibu Soren took over as Chief
Minister he offered talks with the Naxals, who were still to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city