Archer Deepika Kumari, Jharkhand`s `state icon` for LS polls
Ranchi: Ace archer Deepika Kumari would be the `state icon` for Jharkhand for coming Lok Sabha elections.
"Deepika Kumari will be the state icon. A video footage and advertisements in print media carrying her message for the forthcoming elections will be initiated in the media," Chief Electoral Officer P K Jajoria said here.
Kumari is the second sportsperson from the state after Team India captain M S Dhoni to be roped in by the Election Commission for its awareness campaign to attract maximum voters to the booth.
The state is going to three-phase elections slated April 10, 17 and 24 for its 14 Lok Sabha seats.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times