Arjun Munda acquitted in violation of code of conduct case
Jamshedpur: Former Jharkhand chief minister Arjun Munda was acquitted in a violation of model code of conduct case by a local court today.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Piyush Kumar acquitted Munda, who was personally present in court.
Munda, who was a BJP candidate from the Jamshedpur Parliamentary constituency in the General election in 2009, was charged with violating the code of conduct after his poster was found pasted in a mini-bus without permission, said Devendra Singh, a lawyer and former Jharkhand state President of BJP (legal cell) said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate