Arjun Munda criticises Jharkhand govt
Ranchi: Former Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Monday alleged that the new government led by Hemant Soren of JMM had been formed in Jharkhand not for the benefit of the people, but with an eye for electoral gains in the next Lok Sabha elections.
"The government was formed, not for the people, but with a goal to make electoral benefit in the next Lok Sabha elections," Munda told reporters here about one and a half months after the new dispensation took over the reins of the state under the leadership of Soren.
"The Congress is using the state as a pawn and for that, the government is running on crutches," Munda said.
Rejecting Munda`s contention, Jharkhand Pradesh Congress Committee President Sukhdeo Bhagat said BJP was still unable to accept the reality that it was not in power.
"Their (BJP/JMM) government fell on January 8 following its internal conflict, and we waited for six months to give a democratic government," Bhagat said when his reaction was sought.
"We don`t say that radical changes will happen soon, but our efforts have been to provide good governance and uplift of the people," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?