Arjun Munda leaves Jamshedpur home
Jamshedpur: Peeved over allegation of violating model code of conduct by Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantrik), Chief Minister Arjun Munda left his ancestral
house here for Ranchi Thursday morning.
Munda, campaigning for his party candidate-cum-state unit president Dineshanand Goswami for last one week, had shifted to his house in Ghorabandha from a hotel yesterday, ahead of the campaigning coming to end for the July 1 Jamshedpur Lok
Before leaving for Ranchi, Munda told reporters that he was a permanent resident of Jamshedpur and had been living in his ancestral house for decades.
"There is no violation of code of conduct if one stays in his own house," he claimed, adding that he did not have any objection with Marandi`s staying here if he was a permanent resident and owned a house in Jamshedpur.
JVM chief Babulal Marandi, who has also been staying for about a fortnight in Dimna chowk in Mango, was adamant not to leave the constituency till Munda did the same.
In a counter-charge Munda retorted that Marandi had violated the code of conduct and stayed in the steel city even after the campaigning came to an end yesterday.
Marandi held a meeting at the place he was staying last night, Munda alleged.
The Chief Minister further alleged that JVM was contesting the by-election in connivance with CPI (Maoists) and cited how a recommendation was made by JVM leaders to release three Maoists arrested recently.
JVM central committee member Abhay Singh said Marandi had left the constituency immediately after Munda did.
Around 20 candidates, including former IPS officer Ajay Kumar of JVM, were left in the fray for the by-poll.
Munda was camping at the steel city to ensure BJP`s win from Jamshedpur seat which he vacated after he won Kharswan Assembly by-election to continue in chief minister`s post in February.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!