Arjun Munda wins trust vote in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda Thursday won the trust vote in the assembly, three days after he was sworn in as head of the state`s eighth government in less than 10 years.
The trust vote was moved by Deputy Chief Minister Hemant Soren. With the assembly premises undergoing renovation, the proceedings were held in a makeshift assembly at the Administrative Training Institute here.
Munda was Saturday sworn in as Jharkhand`s eighth chief minister with the support of the JMM, All Jharkhand Students Union (AJSU), the Janata Dal-United (JD-U) and two independent legislators. He enjoys the support of 45 legislators in the 81-member assembly.
With IANS inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH