Arms of Jharkhand minister`s bodyguards go missing
Hazaribagh: Two AK-47 rifles and a service revolver were reported missing from the possession of three bodyguards of Jharkhand Excise Minister Jaiprakash Bhai Patel in Hazaribagh, police said on Sunday.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Arvind Kumar Singh said the two AK 47 rifles along with 150 bullets and the revolver with 35 bullets were found missing when the bodyguards woke up this morning at the PHED rest house-cum-inspection bungalow here where they had stayed after escorting the minister to his residence at Korra last night.
Police said after the armed body guards reached the rest house they went to bed after locking the doors of their room from inside. However, when they woke up in the morning they found their arms missing.
The three bodyguards -- special branch sub-inspector Navnit Tiwari, who had the revolver, and Jharkhand Armed Police havildars Kishan Rai and Indra Kumar Chhetri, who had the assault rifles -- have been taken to an undisclosed place for questioning, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley