Arms of Jharkhand minister`s bodyguards go missing
HazaribaghL: Two AK-47 rifles and a service revolver were reported missing from the possession of three bodyguards of Jharkhand Excise Minister Jaiprakash Bhai Patel in Hazaribagh, police said on Sunday.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Arvind Kumar Singh said the two AK 47 rifles along with 150 bullets and the revolver with 35 bullets were found missing when the bodyguards woke up this morning at the PHED rest house-cum-inspection bungalow here where they had stayed after escorting the minister to his residence at Korra last night.
Police said after the armed body guards reached the rest house they went to bed after locking the doors of their room from inside. However, when they woke up in the morning they found their arms missing.
The three bodyguards -- special branch sub-inspector Navnit Tiwari, who had the revolver, and Jharkhand Armed Police havildars Kishan Rai and Indra Kumar Chhetri, who had the assault rifles -- have been taken to an undisclosed place for questioning, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!