Arms of Jharkhand minister`s bodyguards go missing
HazaribaghL: Two AK-47 rifles and a service revolver were reported missing from the possession of three bodyguards of Jharkhand Excise Minister Jaiprakash Bhai Patel in Hazaribagh, police said on Sunday.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Arvind Kumar Singh said the two AK 47 rifles along with 150 bullets and the revolver with 35 bullets were found missing when the bodyguards woke up this morning at the PHED rest house-cum-inspection bungalow here where they had stayed after escorting the minister to his residence at Korra last night.
Police said after the armed body guards reached the rest house they went to bed after locking the doors of their room from inside. However, when they woke up in the morning they found their arms missing.
The three bodyguards -- special branch sub-inspector Navnit Tiwari, who had the revolver, and Jharkhand Armed Police havildars Kishan Rai and Indra Kumar Chhetri, who had the assault rifles -- have been taken to an undisclosed place for questioning, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic