Arms of Jharkhand minister`s bodyguards go missing
HazaribaghL: Two AK-47 rifles and a service revolver were reported missing from the possession of three bodyguards of Jharkhand Excise Minister Jaiprakash Bhai Patel in Hazaribagh, police said on Sunday.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Arvind Kumar Singh said the two AK 47 rifles along with 150 bullets and the revolver with 35 bullets were found missing when the bodyguards woke up this morning at the PHED rest house-cum-inspection bungalow here where they had stayed after escorting the minister to his residence at Korra last night.
Police said after the armed body guards reached the rest house they went to bed after locking the doors of their room from inside. However, when they woke up in the morning they found their arms missing.
The three bodyguards -- special branch sub-inspector Navnit Tiwari, who had the revolver, and Jharkhand Armed Police havildars Kishan Rai and Indra Kumar Chhetri, who had the assault rifles -- have been taken to an undisclosed place for questioning, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends