Arms seized atop Parasnath hills in Giridih
Giridih (Jharkhand): A cache of arms, ammunition and other articles were recovered from a Maoist hideout by para-military forces during a search operation atop Parasnath Hills in Giridih district, police said on Wednesday.
The personnel of the CRPF`s 154 Battalion seized the weapons hidden in a box at a hideout near the world famous Jain pilgrimage centre on Monday night, Superintendent of Police Kranti Kumar told reporters.
The recovered items were 27.315 bore small guns, one double bore gun, five revolvers, two country-made guns, one 3.3 gun, one .315 bore gun, four 12 bore double barrel guns, 108 .315 bore bullets, six safety fuse with detonators, one explosive primer, 12 pairs of uniform, more than 250 books, pamphlets, Maoist literature and other articles, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre