Arms suppliers arrested, arms seized
Medininagar: Three persons allegedly involved in supplying arms and ammunition to criminal gangs have been arrested in Palamu district.
Arms were also found in the car during a routine check at Sudana area in Town police station area last night, Superintendent of Police Anup T Mathew told reporters today.
Two car occupants Kavi Mehta and Riyaz Ansari were arrested.Interrogation of Mehta and Ansari led to the arrest of the third person, Anu Soni, he said.
Two 7.6 bore pistols, one 3.2 bore revolver, three country-made pistols, ten cartridges, one magazine and three mobile phones were seized, Mathew said.
During interrogation, the three said they procured firearms and ammunitions from Varansi in Uttar Pradesh and Munger in Bihar for supply to criminal gangs.
The SP said that the police have been able to pinpoint the sources from where the three procured arms in the two cities.
A Special Team was being constituted and would visit Vanarasi and Munger for investigation.
While Mehta and Soni were on bail in murder cases, Ansari was a first timer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- Amnesty row: Karnataka Home Minister G Parameshwara takes U-turn, denies giving clean-chit
- Volkswagen cuts 28,000 workers' hours over supply woes
- 1% TCS on cash buy not to apply on embassies, UN bodies, Govt depts
- Rio Olympics: Pele congratulates Brazil on football gold
- Handful of vested interests inciting trouble in Kashmir: J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti