Arms suppliers arrested, arms seized
Medininagar: Three persons allegedly involved in supplying arms and ammunition to criminal gangs have been arrested in Palamu district.
Arms were also found in the car during a routine check at Sudana area in Town police station area last night, Superintendent of Police Anup T Mathew told reporters today.
Two car occupants Kavi Mehta and Riyaz Ansari were arrested.Interrogation of Mehta and Ansari led to the arrest of the third person, Anu Soni, he said.
Two 7.6 bore pistols, one 3.2 bore revolver, three country-made pistols, ten cartridges, one magazine and three mobile phones were seized, Mathew said.
During interrogation, the three said they procured firearms and ammunitions from Varansi in Uttar Pradesh and Munger in Bihar for supply to criminal gangs.
The SP said that the police have been able to pinpoint the sources from where the three procured arms in the two cities.
A Special Team was being constituted and would visit Vanarasi and Munger for investigation.
While Mehta and Soni were on bail in murder cases, Ansari was a first timer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- 1st Test, Day 2 Report: Kohli double ton, Ashwin century put India in charge against West Indies
- Silicon Valley leads avalanche of quarterly reports
- UN backs plan to rid Libya of chemical weapons
- Gunmen kill at least eight in Munich shopping mall, shooters on the run
- Please do not speculate: Police to commentators