Arms suppliers arrested, arms seized
Medininagar: Three persons allegedly involved in supplying arms and ammunition to criminal gangs have been arrested in Palamu district.
Arms were also found in the car during a routine check at Sudana area in Town police station area last night, Superintendent of Police Anup T Mathew told reporters today.
Two car occupants Kavi Mehta and Riyaz Ansari were arrested.Interrogation of Mehta and Ansari led to the arrest of the third person, Anu Soni, he said.
Two 7.6 bore pistols, one 3.2 bore revolver, three country-made pistols, ten cartridges, one magazine and three mobile phones were seized, Mathew said.
During interrogation, the three said they procured firearms and ammunitions from Varansi in Uttar Pradesh and Munger in Bihar for supply to criminal gangs.
The SP said that the police have been able to pinpoint the sources from where the three procured arms in the two cities.
A Special Team was being constituted and would visit Vanarasi and Munger for investigation.
While Mehta and Soni were on bail in murder cases, Ansari was a first timer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption