Arms suppliers arrested, arms seized
Medininagar: Three persons allegedly involved in supplying arms and ammunition to criminal gangs have been arrested in Palamu district.
Arms were also found in the car during a routine check at Sudana area in Town police station area last night, Superintendent of Police Anup T Mathew told reporters today.
Two car occupants Kavi Mehta and Riyaz Ansari were arrested.Interrogation of Mehta and Ansari led to the arrest of the third person, Anu Soni, he said.
Two 7.6 bore pistols, one 3.2 bore revolver, three country-made pistols, ten cartridges, one magazine and three mobile phones were seized, Mathew said.
During interrogation, the three said they procured firearms and ammunitions from Varansi in Uttar Pradesh and Munger in Bihar for supply to criminal gangs.
The SP said that the police have been able to pinpoint the sources from where the three procured arms in the two cities.
A Special Team was being constituted and would visit Vanarasi and Munger for investigation.
While Mehta and Soni were on bail in murder cases, Ansari was a first timer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!