Atrocities on women: HC seeks report from Jharkhand govt
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court on Friday asked the state government to give a detailed action taken report on atrocities against women and girls in the state.
A division bench of Chief Justice P C Tatia and Justice P P Bhatt directed the chief secretary, the home secretary and the state police chief to file detailed reports of actions being taken to control atrocities on women and girls by the first week of May.
The high court has taken suo motu cognisance of media reports on rape and murder of a five-year-old girl in Ranchi and two other minor girls in Jamtara yesterday.
The body of the five-year-old girl, who was missing for two days, was found from an under construction building near her house at Darjie Mohallah in Doranda area here yesterday.
Postmortem report confirmed that the girl was raped and strangulated.
Bodies of two girls, aged 12 and 13, with their limbs tied were found from a well near Kusmapahari village in Jamtara district yesterday.
The girls had gone missing from their home on April 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Champions League: Cristiano Ronaldo remains doubtful for 2nd leg against Manchester City
- Happy that gymnastics is finally getting attention in India: Dipa Karmakar
- Oh-so-cute! Shah Rukh Khan spends candid time with Yusuf Pathan's son – Pic inside
- Mizoram HSLC Board Results 2016 declared: MBSE HSLC Class 10 exam Results available at mbse.edu.in
- One dead, three injured in building collapse in old Delhi