Atrocities on women: HC seeks report from Jharkhand govt
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court on Friday asked the state government to give a detailed action taken report on atrocities against women and girls in the state.
A division bench of Chief Justice P C Tatia and Justice P P Bhatt directed the chief secretary, the home secretary and the state police chief to file detailed reports of actions being taken to control atrocities on women and girls by the first week of May.
The high court has taken suo motu cognisance of media reports on rape and murder of a five-year-old girl in Ranchi and two other minor girls in Jamtara yesterday.
The body of the five-year-old girl, who was missing for two days, was found from an under construction building near her house at Darjie Mohallah in Doranda area here yesterday.
Postmortem report confirmed that the girl was raped and strangulated.
Bodies of two girls, aged 12 and 13, with their limbs tied were found from a well near Kusmapahari village in Jamtara district yesterday.
The girls had gone missing from their home on April 23.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents