Atrocities on women: HC seeks report from Jharkhand govt
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court on Friday asked the state government to give a detailed action taken report on atrocities against women and girls in the state.
A division bench of Chief Justice P C Tatia and Justice P P Bhatt directed the chief secretary, the home secretary and the state police chief to file detailed reports of actions being taken to control atrocities on women and girls by the first week of May.
The high court has taken suo motu cognisance of media reports on rape and murder of a five-year-old girl in Ranchi and two other minor girls in Jamtara yesterday.
The body of the five-year-old girl, who was missing for two days, was found from an under construction building near her house at Darjie Mohallah in Doranda area here yesterday.
Postmortem report confirmed that the girl was raped and strangulated.
Bodies of two girls, aged 12 and 13, with their limbs tied were found from a well near Kusmapahari village in Jamtara district yesterday.
The girls had gone missing from their home on April 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip