Babulal Marandi asks BJP not to stall Parliament
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric) President Babulal Marandi on Sunday asked BJP not to "shy away" from debate in Parliament on coal allotment issue as it had also "equal responsibility" for being the main opposition party since 2004 at the Centre.
"BJP should not shy away from a debate by stalling the House on the coal allotment issue. It has no moral right to demand resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh because the saffron party has also been the main opposition party between 2004 and 2009 and failed to sniff any of the scams," the former Jharkhand Chief Minister said.
Marandi repeated his demand for a probe into the recommendation to the Centre for allotment of 27 coal blocks by the Arjun Munda and Madhu Koda governments between 2004 and 2008 in Jharkhand.
Koda is in judicial custody on various issues including alleged illegal mining during his regime.
"The magnitude of various scams like coal block allotment, spectrum and others reflects improper scam detecting mechanism in the country," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you