Babulal Marandi asks BJP not to stall Parliament
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric) President Babulal Marandi on Sunday asked BJP not to "shy away" from debate in Parliament on coal allotment issue as it had also "equal responsibility" for being the main opposition party since 2004 at the Centre.
"BJP should not shy away from a debate by stalling the House on the coal allotment issue. It has no moral right to demand resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh because the saffron party has also been the main opposition party between 2004 and 2009 and failed to sniff any of the scams," the former Jharkhand Chief Minister said.
Marandi repeated his demand for a probe into the recommendation to the Centre for allotment of 27 coal blocks by the Arjun Munda and Madhu Koda governments between 2004 and 2008 in Jharkhand.
Koda is in judicial custody on various issues including alleged illegal mining during his regime.
"The magnitude of various scams like coal block allotment, spectrum and others reflects improper scam detecting mechanism in the country," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city