Babulal Marandi fears bid on life during Lok Sabha elections
Dumka: Former Jharkhand chief minister Babulal Marandi on Thursday said he foresaw a threat to his life during the general elections in the state.
"The entire state is Naxal affected. And I have come to know there could be a bid on my life. I don`t have adequate security," the president of the Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric) said at a press conference here.
"It is the responsibility of the government (to arrange) for my security," he said and reminded about the Maoists attack that killed his son in November 2007.
Marandi also cited the killing of AJSU general secretary Tileshwar Sahu in Hazaribagh?s Barhi block on March 8 this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- Gujarat quota stir: PM Modi appeals for peace
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal