Babulal Marandi fears bid on life during Lok Sabha elections
Dumka: Former Jharkhand chief minister Babulal Marandi on Thursday said he foresaw a threat to his life during the general elections in the state.
"The entire state is Naxal affected. And I have come to know there could be a bid on my life. I don`t have adequate security," the president of the Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric) said at a press conference here.
"It is the responsibility of the government (to arrange) for my security," he said and reminded about the Maoists attack that killed his son in November 2007.
Marandi also cited the killing of AJSU general secretary Tileshwar Sahu in Hazaribagh?s Barhi block on March 8 this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen