Babulal Marandi fears bid on life during Lok Sabha elections
Dumka: Former Jharkhand chief minister Babulal Marandi on Thursday said he foresaw a threat to his life during the general elections in the state.
"The entire state is Naxal affected. And I have come to know there could be a bid on my life. I don`t have adequate security," the president of the Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric) said at a press conference here.
"It is the responsibility of the government (to arrange) for my security," he said and reminded about the Maoists attack that killed his son in November 2007.
Marandi also cited the killing of AJSU general secretary Tileshwar Sahu in Hazaribagh?s Barhi block on March 8 this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?