Babulal Marandi`s hunger strike enters fourth day
Ranchi: Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric)
chief Babulal Marandi`s hunger strike against the state
Government`s anti-encroachment drive entered the fourth day
Marandi, who is on hunger strike from May 1, said he
would continue his fast till the state agreed to rehabilitate
all the displaced people through legislation.
Marandi claimed that nearly 19 lakh people had been
displaced following the setting up of PSUs and private sectors
at various places in the state.
Arjun Munda-led Jharkhand government, however, insisted
that the administration was honouring the High Court directive
to remove encroachment in government land.
Four persons had been killed in police firing at Matkoria
in Dhanbad on April 27 while two died at Islam Nagar in Ranchi
on April 5 when protesters opposed bulldozers flattening their
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed