Babulal Marandi`s hunger strike enters fourth day
Ranchi: Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric)
chief Babulal Marandi`s hunger strike against the state
Government`s anti-encroachment drive entered the fourth day
Marandi, who is on hunger strike from May 1, said he
would continue his fast till the state agreed to rehabilitate
all the displaced people through legislation.
Marandi claimed that nearly 19 lakh people had been
displaced following the setting up of PSUs and private sectors
at various places in the state.
Arjun Munda-led Jharkhand government, however, insisted
that the administration was honouring the High Court directive
to remove encroachment in government land.
Four persons had been killed in police firing at Matkoria
in Dhanbad on April 27 while two died at Islam Nagar in Ranchi
on April 5 when protesters opposed bulldozers flattening their
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley