Babulal Marandi`s hunger strike enters fourth day
Ranchi: Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric)
chief Babulal Marandi`s hunger strike against the state
Government`s anti-encroachment drive entered the fourth day
Marandi, who is on hunger strike from May 1, said he
would continue his fast till the state agreed to rehabilitate
all the displaced people through legislation.
Marandi claimed that nearly 19 lakh people had been
displaced following the setting up of PSUs and private sectors
at various places in the state.
Arjun Munda-led Jharkhand government, however, insisted
that the administration was honouring the High Court directive
to remove encroachment in government land.
Four persons had been killed in police firing at Matkoria
in Dhanbad on April 27 while two died at Islam Nagar in Ranchi
on April 5 when protesters opposed bulldozers flattening their
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note