Babulal Marandi`s hunger strike enters fourth day
Ranchi: Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric)
chief Babulal Marandi`s hunger strike against the state
Government`s anti-encroachment drive entered the fourth day
Marandi, who is on hunger strike from May 1, said he
would continue his fast till the state agreed to rehabilitate
all the displaced people through legislation.
Marandi claimed that nearly 19 lakh people had been
displaced following the setting up of PSUs and private sectors
at various places in the state.
Arjun Munda-led Jharkhand government, however, insisted
that the administration was honouring the High Court directive
to remove encroachment in government land.
Four persons had been killed in police firing at Matkoria
in Dhanbad on April 27 while two died at Islam Nagar in Ranchi
on April 5 when protesters opposed bulldozers flattening their
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!