Bail petition of ex-minister`s wife rejected
Ranchi: A special CBI court on Wednesday rejected the bail petition of Memon Ekka, the wife of ex-Jharkhand minister Anosh Ekka in a disproportionate assets case.
After hearing on the bail petition, the court of RK Choudhary rejected the petition of Memon, who was remanded in judicial custody after surrendering to the court on June 18.
She and her husband are among the accused in the chargesheet filed by the CBI accusing them of possessing disproportionate wealth of Rs 17 crore, allegedly benefiting during Anosh Ekka`s ministerial term in the Madhu Koda regime between 2006 and 2008.
Anosh Ekka, who held rural development and other portfolios during the erstwhile Koda government, is on bail after being arrested in 2009.
He also faces money laundering charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi