Bail petition of ex-minister`s wife rejected
Ranchi: A special CBI court on Wednesday rejected the bail petition of Memon Ekka, the wife of ex-Jharkhand minister Anosh Ekka in a disproportionate assets case.
After hearing on the bail petition, the court of RK Choudhary rejected the petition of Memon, who was remanded in judicial custody after surrendering to the court on June 18.
She and her husband are among the accused in the chargesheet filed by the CBI accusing them of possessing disproportionate wealth of Rs 17 crore, allegedly benefiting during Anosh Ekka`s ministerial term in the Madhu Koda regime between 2006 and 2008.
Anosh Ekka, who held rural development and other portfolios during the erstwhile Koda government, is on bail after being arrested in 2009.
He also faces money laundering charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere