Bail petition of ex-minister`s wife rejected
Ranchi: A special CBI court on Wednesday rejected the bail petition of Memon Ekka, the wife of ex-Jharkhand minister Anosh Ekka in a disproportionate assets case.
After hearing on the bail petition, the court of RK Choudhary rejected the petition of Memon, who was remanded in judicial custody after surrendering to the court on June 18.
She and her husband are among the accused in the chargesheet filed by the CBI accusing them of possessing disproportionate wealth of Rs 17 crore, allegedly benefiting during Anosh Ekka`s ministerial term in the Madhu Koda regime between 2006 and 2008.
Anosh Ekka, who held rural development and other portfolios during the erstwhile Koda government, is on bail after being arrested in 2009.
He also faces money laundering charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what