Balmuchu stays Jharkhand PCC chief, 2 working presidents named
New Delhi: Seeking to keep its flock
together in poll-bound Jharkhand, Congress on Saturday said state
party chief Pradip Balmuchu will continue in his post and
sought to mollify rebels by appointing two working presidents
in the PCC.
"Pradip Balmuchu continues to be the PCC chief," the
AICC said in a statement. The tribal leader was facing a
strong rebellion from some senior party leaders in the state.
In a balancing act, the party appointed former MP from
Godda Furqan Ansari and senior leader Rajendra Prasad Singh as
PCC working presidents.
It also gave representation to leaders of anti-Balmuchu
group in six committees constituted to look after the
five-phase Assembly Elections beginning on November 27.
Balmuchu has been appointed Chairman of the 18-member
Pradesh Election Committee in which Union Minister Subodh Kant
Sahay and CLP leader Manoj Kumar Yadav are members.
Sahay has been made Chairman of the 29-member Campaign
Committee in which a former minister in the undivided Bihar, O
P Lal, has been made the convener.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University