Balmuchu stays Jharkhand PCC chief, 2 working presidents named
New Delhi: Seeking to keep its flock
together in poll-bound Jharkhand, Congress on Saturday said state
party chief Pradip Balmuchu will continue in his post and
sought to mollify rebels by appointing two working presidents
in the PCC.
"Pradip Balmuchu continues to be the PCC chief," the
AICC said in a statement. The tribal leader was facing a
strong rebellion from some senior party leaders in the state.
In a balancing act, the party appointed former MP from
Godda Furqan Ansari and senior leader Rajendra Prasad Singh as
PCC working presidents.
It also gave representation to leaders of anti-Balmuchu
group in six committees constituted to look after the
five-phase Assembly Elections beginning on November 27.
Balmuchu has been appointed Chairman of the 18-member
Pradesh Election Committee in which Union Minister Subodh Kant
Sahay and CLP leader Manoj Kumar Yadav are members.
Sahay has been made Chairman of the 29-member Campaign
Committee in which a former minister in the undivided Bihar, O
P Lal, has been made the convener.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India