Balmuchu stays Jharkhand PCC chief, 2 working presidents named
New Delhi: Seeking to keep its flock
together in poll-bound Jharkhand, Congress on Saturday said state
party chief Pradip Balmuchu will continue in his post and
sought to mollify rebels by appointing two working presidents
in the PCC.
"Pradip Balmuchu continues to be the PCC chief," the
AICC said in a statement. The tribal leader was facing a
strong rebellion from some senior party leaders in the state.
In a balancing act, the party appointed former MP from
Godda Furqan Ansari and senior leader Rajendra Prasad Singh as
PCC working presidents.
It also gave representation to leaders of anti-Balmuchu
group in six committees constituted to look after the
five-phase Assembly Elections beginning on November 27.
Balmuchu has been appointed Chairman of the 18-member
Pradesh Election Committee in which Union Minister Subodh Kant
Sahay and CLP leader Manoj Kumar Yadav are members.
Sahay has been made Chairman of the 29-member Campaign
Committee in which a former minister in the undivided Bihar, O
P Lal, has been made the convener.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH