Bank official shot dead in Jharkhand
Medininagar (Jharkhand): A bank accountant was on Saturday shot dead by unknown gunmen in Medininagar, the headquarters town of Palamau district.
Istahak Ahmed Siddique, 32, was shot three times in the head from behind while he was going to his office of Land Development Bank, Superintendent of Police Anup T Mathew told reporters here.
The SP said the assailants used 9mm pistol to perpetrate the crime near a temple at Redhma locality, adding the motive behind the crime was being ascertained.
Two years ago Siddique`s younger brother, Sajiid alias Bobby had been killed in the town, the police officer said.
The police have launched raids to trace the killers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal