Bank official shot dead in Jharkhand
Medininagar (Jharkhand): A bank accountant was on Saturday shot dead by unknown gunmen in Medininagar, the headquarters town of Palamau district.
Istahak Ahmed Siddique, 32, was shot three times in the head from behind while he was going to his office of Land Development Bank, Superintendent of Police Anup T Mathew told reporters here.
The SP said the assailants used 9mm pistol to perpetrate the crime near a temple at Redhma locality, adding the motive behind the crime was being ascertained.
Two years ago Siddique`s younger brother, Sajiid alias Bobby had been killed in the town, the police officer said.
The police have launched raids to trace the killers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?