Bank official shot dead in Jharkhand
Medininagar (Jharkhand): A bank accountant was on Saturday shot dead by unknown gunmen in Medininagar, the headquarters town of Palamau district.
Istahak Ahmed Siddique, 32, was shot three times in the head from behind while he was going to his office of Land Development Bank, Superintendent of Police Anup T Mathew told reporters here.
The SP said the assailants used 9mm pistol to perpetrate the crime near a temple at Redhma locality, adding the motive behind the crime was being ascertained.
Two years ago Siddique`s younger brother, Sajiid alias Bobby had been killed in the town, the police officer said.
The police have launched raids to trace the killers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?