Bank official shot dead in Jharkhand
Medininagar (Jharkhand): A bank accountant was on Saturday shot dead by unknown gunmen in Medininagar, the headquarters town of Palamau district.
Istahak Ahmed Siddique, 32, was shot three times in the head from behind while he was going to his office of Land Development Bank, Superintendent of Police Anup T Mathew told reporters here.
The SP said the assailants used 9mm pistol to perpetrate the crime near a temple at Redhma locality, adding the motive behind the crime was being ascertained.
Two years ago Siddique`s younger brother, Sajiid alias Bobby had been killed in the town, the police officer said.
The police have launched raids to trace the killers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- London’s Golders Green station closed due to security alert over abandoned car
- Shocking! Heartbreaking video of babies born addicted to drugs - Watch
- Shiv Sena rues breakdown in communication with BJP, blames generational shift in party
- TCS top Indian IT employer; Infosys, Cognizant and Wipro next
- Painless patch can monitor side effects of drugs