Bank official shot dead in Jharkhand
Medininagar (Jharkhand): A bank accountant was on Saturday shot dead by unknown gunmen in Medininagar, the headquarters town of Palamau district.
Istahak Ahmed Siddique, 32, was shot three times in the head from behind while he was going to his office of Land Development Bank, Superintendent of Police Anup T Mathew told reporters here.
The SP said the assailants used 9mm pistol to perpetrate the crime near a temple at Redhma locality, adding the motive behind the crime was being ascertained.
Two years ago Siddique`s younger brother, Sajiid alias Bobby had been killed in the town, the police officer said.
The police have launched raids to trace the killers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India