Bastawade fears for life from three persons
Ranchi: A special court on Thursday reserved the order on a petition moved by money laundering accused Anil Bastawade, now in judicial custody, claiming threat to life from three persons and urged protection.
The court of Prevention of Money Laundering (Act) heard on his petition and a couple of other petitions and reserved the order for May 8, Enforcement Directorate counsel S R Das told reporters here.
The petitioner named three persons. While one person is still at large, the Enforcement Directorate doesn`t know who the two others are, he said adding Bastawade is in jail, which is well protected.
Bastawade was nabbed in the Indonesian capital Jakarta and brought to Ranchi via Delhi on January 30 and was produced before the court of R K Choudhary.
He was the seventh accused arrested after Koda, Binod Sinha, Vikas Sinha, Manoj Punamia, Arvind Vyas and Vijay Joshi in connection with the money laundering and illegal investments case lodged against them.
Koda, who is now on a three-week provisional bail, was arrested on November 30, 2009 after the Income Tax department and the ED had claimed to have unearthed a scam worth Rs 2,500 crore money laundering and illegal investment following the countrywide raids on 70 premises on October 31 the same year.
ED sources had said the amount of the scam, allegedly took place during Koda regime between 2006 and 2008, has gone up to Rs 3,400 in course of investigations and that the amount excluded Bastawade`s assets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Inclusion of Pakistani players will raise importance, status of Indian Premier League: Zaheer Abbas
- Bihar journalist Rajdeo Ranjan's murder: Major breakthrough - Five shooters arrested in connection with case
- Primordial black holes and dark matter are linked: NASA
- Check UBSE / UEEB 10th Results 2016: Uttarakhand / Uttaranchal (UK) Board Class 10th Exam Results 2016 announced
- Check UBSE / UEEB 12th Results 2016: Uttarakhand / Uttaranchal (UK) Board Class 12th Exam Results 2016 declared