BDO asked to direct panchayat sevaks to pay extortion
Latehar: A newly-formed extremist group has sent a letter to a government official, purportedly asking him to direct panchayat sevaks under his block in Latehar district to cough up Rs seven lakh as extortion "to run their outfit”.
"I have received a letter from one Green Army, demanding a direction to the fourteen panchayat sevaks under Mahuadand block to pay Rs 50,000 each as extortion to run their outfit," Block Development Officer (BDO) Hirak Manna Kerketta said while reading out the letter over phone.
Stating that the ultras had warned violent action if their demand was ignored, the BDO said he had informed the matter to the police.
Two posters with similar messages were also found in the block, official sources said.
Contacted, Superintendent of Police Kranti Kumar said the police were investigating the matter.
The police suspect that some rebels may have left the CPI (Maoist) to form the outfit to extort money.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic