Big parties failed to develop Jharkhand: Minister
Hazaribagh (Jharkhand): Blaming big parties for failing to develop the state, Jharkhand Science and Technology Minister Chandraprakash Choudhary Tuesday said his Ajsu party would fight alone in the next assembly polls under the leadership of Deputy Chief Minister Sudesh Mahto.
“Leading parties have ruled Jharkhand during the last ten years, but no development took place. So Ajsu party has decided to contest elections on its own, projecting party president and Deputy Chief Minister Sudesh Mahto as the chief ministerial candidate,” Choudhary told a press conference here.
“The party has been roping in the youth into the party as it has decided to contest all the 81 assembly and 14 Lok Sabha seats in Jharkhand,” he added.
During the two previous assembly polls, Ajsu had contested in some selected constituencies and been with the BJP-led governments. Now it has five MLAs in the Arjun Munda-led coalition government.
Declaring that he would contest against BJP MP Yashwant Sinha from Hazaribagh constitutency in the next Lok Sabha elections, Choudhary predicted early Lok Sabha polls following the present developments at the central level.
“With the withdrawal of support by some of UPA allies, general elections may take place in April or May next. The time is fit to strengthen the Ajsu party,” Choudhary said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez