Bihar: 4 Maoists killed, 1 CISF personnel injured
Chatra: Four Maoist guerrillas were killed and one CISF personnel were injured early on Monday during a four-hour encounter in Maoist-hit Chatra district of Jharkhand, the police said.
"We got the materials of four Maoists, indicating all of them dying in the encounter, but we found only two bodies," Superintendent of Police Anup Birtheray said to sources.
The rebels often take away their dead or injured cadres during retreat, he said, adding that the situation has come under control.
About 50 Maoist cadre attacked Central Coal Field project site and shot a CISF personnel on duty and set fire to three dumpers and a pay loader belonging to a construction company, he said.
But they fled the spot around 3 am after the strong retaliatory firing by CISF, he said.
Two rifles, two hand grenades, two IEDs, two walkie-talkies and cartridges were seized from the spot, sources said.
The dead Maoists were identified as Tapeswar Ganju of Latehar district and Anil Ram of Panki in Palamau district, the police said.
Inspector General of Police (Bokaro Range) M L Meena and Hazaribagh DIG Suman Gupta have also reached the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday