Bihar: 4 Maoists killed, 1 CISF personnel injured
Chatra: Four Maoist guerrillas were killed and one CISF personnel were injured early on Monday during a four-hour encounter in Maoist-hit Chatra district of Jharkhand, the police said.
"We got the materials of four Maoists, indicating all of them dying in the encounter, but we found only two bodies," Superintendent of Police Anup Birtheray said to sources.
The rebels often take away their dead or injured cadres during retreat, he said, adding that the situation has come under control.
About 50 Maoist cadre attacked Central Coal Field project site and shot a CISF personnel on duty and set fire to three dumpers and a pay loader belonging to a construction company, he said.
But they fled the spot around 3 am after the strong retaliatory firing by CISF, he said.
Two rifles, two hand grenades, two IEDs, two walkie-talkies and cartridges were seized from the spot, sources said.
The dead Maoists were identified as Tapeswar Ganju of Latehar district and Anil Ram of Panki in Palamau district, the police said.
Inspector General of Police (Bokaro Range) M L Meena and Hazaribagh DIG Suman Gupta have also reached the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees