Bihar ex-top cop to be Jharkhand Governor`s advisor
Ranchi: Former Bihar police chief Aanand Shankar will replace Vijay Kumar as Jharkhand Governor`s advisor, said an official on Tuesday.
"The Union Home Ministry on Monday issued a notification regarding appointment of Shankar as advisor of the Governor," said an official Tuesday.
Vijay Kumar, a former director general of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), was appointed as advisor of Jharkhand Governor Syed Ahmad when president rule was imposed Jan 18 this year.
Vijay Kumar has now been appointed as advisor of union home ministry and will look after Maoist management and operations.
The second advisor of Jharkhand governor is Madhukar Gupta, a retired home secretary.
Aanand Shankar is a 1973 batch IPS officer and he was Bihar police chief from August 2009 to February 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof