Binod Sinha`s CBI custody extended by three more days
Ranchi: Binod Sinha, a key accused in the
Rs 2500 crore money laundering scam involving former Jharkhand chief minister Madhu Koda, was today remanded to three more days custody of CBI by a court here.
The CBI prayed for three more days extension of remand of
Sinha which was granted by the Special CBI Court Judge Pankaj Kumar.
Earlier on September 18, the court had sent Sinha to
10-day CBI remand after the investigating agency arrested him on September 16 from Delhi.
Sinha had gone into hiding after the Income Tax
department and Enforcement Directorate raided his residence and office premises on October 31 last year.
Income Tax department had unearthed documents and other materials worth about Rs 2,000 crore out of the Rs 4000 crore alleged illegal investments and hawala transactions that the Enforcement Directorate filed in June and July last year.
The CBI, ED, I-T department and the state Vigilance
Bureau are investigating and trailing all the accused to
tighten the noose around Koda, who is in judicial custody
since November 30 last year.
The ED had already claimed that it had documents which
allegedly revealed that Koda`s aides had gained financially
during his regime and invested in foreign lands like Dubai and Thailand.
Former minister`s in the Koda cabinet -- Kamlesh Singh,
Enos Ekka and Harinarain Rai -- are now in judicial custody,
while several other former ministers cutting across party
lines are also facing corruption cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says