BJP and JMM collaborated to loot Jharkhand, alleges Marandi
Hazaribagh (Jharkhand): Nearly two weeks after collapse of Arjun Munda government in Jharkhand, former Chief Minister Babulal Marandi on Sunday alleged that the BJP-JMM alliance was formed only to "loot" the state`s resources.
"To loot the resources of the state, the BJP had formed government with the JMM despite being aware of JMM`s double standards of helping BJP to loot the state while supporting the Congress-led UPA at Centre," Marandi said.
"Though the state was created more than 12 years ago, the expectations of the people remained unfulfilled following rampant corruption by the BJP-JMM-AJSU alliance," the Lok Sabha member said in a rally here.
By taking support from independent MLAs, the government had exposed state`s natural resources before the corporate sector for exploitation, Marandi alleged.
He said that if voted to power, his Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantrik) will provide a stable government that will root out corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends