BJP asks Jharkhand Guv to dissolve assembly urgently
Ranchi: BJP Thursday urged Jharkhand Governor Syed Ahmed, who has recommended placing the Assembly in suspended animation, to dissolve the house to pave way for a mid-term poll in the state.
Outgoing Chief Minister Arjun Munda had recommended dissolution of the house following a cabinet decision to the effect before tendering his resignation to the governor on January 8 after JMM withdrew support.
Handing over a memorandum to the governor at the Raj Bhavan here, the BJP delegation led by its state unit chief Dineshanand Goswami told Ahmed that any delay in dissolving the House could lead to horse trading, which Jharkhand was `infamous` for.
The Union Cabinet meeting today will consider the Governor`s report recommending suspended animation of the assembly against the backdrop of reluctance of major political parties to form a government in the present juncture given the delicate numbers in the Assembly.
In the 82-member state assembly, BJP and JMM have 18 members each. The Munda government had the support of six members of Ajsu Party, two of JD (U), two independents and one nominated member who has voting right in a trial of strength.
Opposition Congress has a total of 13 members, Jharkhand Vikas Morcha(P) 11 and RJD 5. CPI-ML(L), Marxist Coordination Party, Jharkhand Party (Ekka), Jharkhand Janadhikar Manch and Jai Bharat Samta Party have one member each besides an independent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation