BJP asks permission for Narendra Modi`s rally on Mohrabadi ground
Ranchi: The BJP on Tuesday appealed to the Ranchi district administration to reconsider its decision in rejecting the party`s request to allow the historic Mohrabadi ground to organise a rally to be addressed by its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on December 29.
"The Ranchi district administration has rejected our request to allow Mohrabadi ground to hold the meeting of our leader Narendra Modi," BJP`s state unit general secretary Balmukund Sahay said here.
He said a party delegation called on Deputy Commissioner Vinay Choubey later in the evening and urged him to reconsider the administration`s decision.
According to sources in the district administration, the ground is already booked for other functions which would clash with the rally date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America