BJP decision on Jharkhand likely today
Ranchi: BJP, which withdrew support to the Shibu Soren government in Jharkhand after the JMM chief voted for the UPA in cut motions in Parliament and then put its decision on hold, is likely to take a final call on the issue on Thursday.
"The BJP parliamentary board will come out with a
final decision tomorrow," a top national leader of the party
told a news agency.
BJP has remained firm on its stand that JMM should
get letters of support from all its 18 MLAs before the party
went ahead with forming a government.
A senior BJP leader had said in Delhi yesterday that
party was not open to any other JMM offer, like continuing
with Soren as chief minister, and may prefer to withdraw
support in case JMM Legislature Party leader Hemant Soren
failed to bring on board all his party MLAs to back a BJP-led
Senior JMM MLA Simon Marandi, who opposes a
re-alignment with the BJP, however, said "My stand is the
same. Don`t go with the BJP. I will open my cards at the
Meanwhile, a jailed JMM MLA who offered to vacate his
seat for the chief minister to contest the elections to enter
the assembly has been allowed by a court to meet Speaker C P
The district and sessions judge, NK Srivastav allowed
the plea of JMM MLA Paulus Surin, who is in jail on
Naxal-related charges and ordered the superintendent of police
and deputy commissioner, to fix a date within a week to enable
him meet the Speaker and bring him back the same day.
Surin had last month sent his resignation letter
vacating his Torpa seat for Soren to contest a bypoll from
there, but had withdrawn it after the JMM-LP asked him to do
A Lok Sabha member, the chief minister has to enter
the assembly within June 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'