BJP demands early poll in Jharkhand
Ranchi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Monday demanded dissolution of the Jharkhand assembly and early polls.
"Why is Governor Syed Ahmad not dissolving the state assembly to facilitate the poll in the state? Is governor still waiting for possibilities of the formation of a government in the state?" asked state BJP chief Ravindra Rai.
Talking to reporters here, Rai said that the outgoing Arjun Munda cabinet had recommended dissolution of the state assembly but the governor put the decision in cold storage and the state has been under President`s rule for more than two months.
"People of the state should be given their right to elect a democratic government in the state," Rai said, adding his party would soon announce its next course of action to press for polls.
President`s rule was imposed in the state Jan 18 after Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) withdrew its support to the BJP-led regime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report