BJP demands early poll in Jharkhand
Ranchi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Monday demanded dissolution of the Jharkhand assembly and early polls.
"Why is Governor Syed Ahmad not dissolving the state assembly to facilitate the poll in the state? Is governor still waiting for possibilities of the formation of a government in the state?" asked state BJP chief Ravindra Rai.
Talking to reporters here, Rai said that the outgoing Arjun Munda cabinet had recommended dissolution of the state assembly but the governor put the decision in cold storage and the state has been under President`s rule for more than two months.
"People of the state should be given their right to elect a democratic government in the state," Rai said, adding his party would soon announce its next course of action to press for polls.
President`s rule was imposed in the state Jan 18 after Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) withdrew its support to the BJP-led regime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply