BJP demands early poll in Jharkhand
Ranchi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Monday demanded dissolution of the Jharkhand assembly and early polls.
"Why is Governor Syed Ahmad not dissolving the state assembly to facilitate the poll in the state? Is governor still waiting for possibilities of the formation of a government in the state?" asked state BJP chief Ravindra Rai.
Talking to reporters here, Rai said that the outgoing Arjun Munda cabinet had recommended dissolution of the state assembly but the governor put the decision in cold storage and the state has been under President`s rule for more than two months.
"People of the state should be given their right to elect a democratic government in the state," Rai said, adding his party would soon announce its next course of action to press for polls.
President`s rule was imposed in the state Jan 18 after Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) withdrew its support to the BJP-led regime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi